Wednesday, May 9, 2007

9th May, 2007

Ok. This is my first blog ever and I can't believe I'm actually doing this! This is for you Peter - you owe me now!

Pre-production for my short film is coming along at a very fast pace. Lots has been done already and I'm not going to go into it in too much detail as we've been at it for 4 weeks already. I've got skulls from the science dept at Hamilton, one firm location and another still waiting on a reply, auditions well under way, costumes coming together and lots of other art dept stuff.

I auditioned 16 children on Monday evening and have cast the roles of Sally-Ann, Johnson and Neil and am still deciding over Tahlia - I may yet have a call back. I rang a few kids back today to let them know they didn't get the part - god I hate that part of the job.

Cassie is a champion and has organised a make-up artist who we are meeting next week. She is a graduate of the Media Make-up Academy and will be creating our special effects make-up for the Ogre and the Goblin - wonderfully designed by Nick S.

Today, Cassie, Tom and I went up to the location I found in Anstey Hill Recreation Park. What a find! Not only is it perfect with old cement walls and rusty iron girders, we discoved a place where old computers and TV's are hurled from a cliff to their explosive ending below. Lots of broken bits of circuit boards, broken TV faces, VCR faces all rusted and weathered beautifully - just what we needed! Cassie has taken home bits to make up oddments for the kids costumes and decorations for the bedroom scene. Excellent stuff!

Unfortunately, storyboards won't be finished by tomorrow, but we are nearly there! Everything will be alright!

4 comments:

Nicholas Cleary said...

Yay for blogs!

ruwithme said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!
well done.

Dan said...

good to see you on board

Nursey said...

Nice to see you blogging
Let me know when you need me for rehearsals! See you on set ;)