Monday, May 14, 2007

Overload

I'm having serious location anxiety at the moment. The two key locations have not yet been locked in - Julia Farr haven't got back to me, even after many phone calls - Anstey Hill have verbally given the OK, but I need to fill in their forms and they need to fill in mine, but I seem unable to get hold of the ranger at the moment.

So I have a cast, crew and no-where to shoot. This makes finding catering options a problem - it's no good getting someone and finding out you're shooting on the other side of town!

My other major anxiety is casting for Gimme Shelter with only a couple of actors cast. We're casting our net further afield in the hopes of finding someone appropriate. I've contacted a friend of mine who is a stand-up comedian and she's given me a few people who are both actors and comedians - hopefully something will come of it. I've also contacted an actor friend who may know of a few people too. Here's hoping!

I spent 6 hours of my mothers day doing a shot list and schedule for the Ogre, plus going through Gimme Shelter getting a rough shooting schedule together. What a lovely day! I recieved a wonderful Mother's Day gift (something I've always wanted and who wouldn't) - a candle in the shape of a pot of jam....

The opening shot of the Ogre is a bombed, mostly destroyed cityscape. Tom and I have had various ideas over the weeks, including matte paintings, piecing together bits on After Effects and having a model built. I contacted a group in the Northern suburbs who seemed keen until I sent them the specifics of what I wanted and I haven't heard "boo" from them since. Mmmmm...

As I was writing this post I got a call from a person I contacted a couple of weeks ago at Transport SA and they have got a suggestion for a warehouse in Port Adelaide. Of course, someone else has to be informed/asked, whatever, and things move very slowly in government departments. But, they also gave me the name of a Real Estate agent in the Port area who may be able to help. Yet more phone calls...

Tonight I'm having my first rehearsal with the kids which will be fun! Tomorrow I've got a meeting with Jodi from Media Make-up Academy and another actor coming in to sign a contract. No doubt there will be more phone calls and stress as I attempt schedules for Gimme Shelter and Just Killing Time.

Do I have a life? And what is this strange facial tick I've developed lately?

2 comments:

90miledesert said...

Hmmm.......it seems we have the same problems, crew and cast, but no locations to shoot at, this is not a good sign...........hooray for guerilla shooting all the way!!!!!! Nice candle by the way!

p..s do you think we will have rooms next to each other in glenside????

Dan said...

we could make a pretty interesting film if we mashed them all together.. i have locations but a incomplete cast and crew.
-coming to theatres this summer

90 Mile Dead Ogre...